Vision: To improve on the level of the underprivileged youths in various walks of life.
Mission: To set up strategies to provide education, better standard of living and good health for the underprivileged.
OGCEYOD is a non-profit charity organisation of young dynamic and talented Cameroonians with a common goal to share their skills in order to alleviate poverty for the underprivileged groups especially the youths which are the vulnerable population. In this respect, Socio-Economic, Socio-cultural, health, employment and Education as well as the youths empowerment for self development and participation towards the building of the nation.
1. The main objective of this organisation is to invest directly in young peoples education, health and social protection by creating incentives for young people to become educated, productive, healthy and to take part in poverty reduction strategies.
Other objectives include:
2. To promote education in boys and girls of our communities by:
- Eliminating or reducing school fees, provide demand-side incentives to retain children and young people in school, and monitor in each community access and retention of children and young people to basic education.
- Developing relevant, context-specific and gender-sensitive educational programmes, including vocational training for out-of-school young people.
- Closing the gender, rural-urban, and rich-poor gap in access to education (Basic, primary, secondary and University)
- Ensuring the right of young people to quality basic education that includes literacy, numeracy, life skills and livelihood skills for todays world.
3. To halt and begin to reverse the spread of HIV/AIDS, Malaria and other diseases, reduce child mortality and improve maternal health.
4. To ensure environmental sustainability i.e.
- Promote the full participation of young people in local, national, regional and international environment and sustainable development decision-making process.
- Facilitate young peoples awareness about environmental and sustainable development problems and involve them in the development policies and programmes.
5. To achieve a long lasting partnership with other association fighting these courses i.e.
- Collaborate with these organisations to carry out and/or realise projects.
- Serve as intermediary between these organisations and other organisations.
6. Positioning members in communities so that our objectives can be met.
7. Creating opportunities for youths in rural areas to study in and also work institutions abroad.